Thursday, September 08, 2005

Driving through Europe

2800 KM!!!
I will never do this again!
Unless of course I have a co-driver and I avoid highways (toll is expensive...) and I take more TIME to discover places.
Still I enjoyed a few hours in the center of Belgrade and felt like a real stranger within a family. After the war not so many tourists come to visit Serbia...Too bad my friend Dejanna was busy with her family and I had dinner alone...I also had a bad incident with Moskau Hotel : they wanted me to pay 57 € although I had reserved for 33€ !!! New boss they said and new prices from september 1st. So I complained at the tourist information and they found me Prague Hotel close to Moskau hotel for 31€!
Of course it was not as charming as the other one...
The 2nd picture is from the place I slept in Waidring/Tirol in Austria!!!Only...16€ with delicious breakfast included!!!I was lucky that my dear friends Katerina and Anestis proposed me this village. For those of you with back problems i suggest putting the matress on the floor. I do that in almost all hotels. I know I'm spoiled with my pure latex matress...
The drive through Austria and southern Gremany was beautiful-beautiful!
SEHR SCHÖN JA???
In Karlsbab I picked two young people who contacted me through ALLO STOP! It's a wonderful service called carpooling (???) because it allows low budget travel (sharing expenses), meeting people and ecologically interesting!
I used gps to find my way through in Paris suburbs where I had to take them. Otherwise it would have taken hours in the traffic jam...
Finally I arrived home (?) in Tours after midnight; let's have a snoring party now...

No comments: