Monday, December 18, 2006

Whose Christmas?

Each year I have to define my posture towards Christmas & new Year's eve...As I said on a radio interview a few days ago, one of the most powerful ways to resist to dominant culture is to DANCE!
- Dance???
- yes, dance!
The example I gave is that dominant culture does not consider "taking time" as a human priority...
Dance is all about taking Time & experiencing Space in non conventional ways that can be as extreme as...immobility!
TAKING TIME TODAY IS CRUCIAL.
BEING SENSITIVE TO SPACE TODAY IS URGENT.

This picture of Jesus is meant to be used by Adbusters' activists by TAKING TIME!
I can only applaud such initiatives! I did a street performance in the first half hour of 2006 as "Father Christmas" with an african mask, but very few saw it. Let's go to the malls to slow down! Let's inspire our children instead of spoiling them... James Hillman thinks that "depression" is natural when the world is in a state like the present one. Depression SLOWS ONE DOWN! Slowness forces us to see the essentials and redefine the poetics of this world!
Let's enjoy our Sadness and Slow Down : the world will be thankful...

No comments: