Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Ah...my favourite magazine strikes again!

My very favourite magazine that I discovered in North Carolina at my college's library has not left my curiosity since 1989 : The Sun magazine!
This months interview is extremely inspiring in many areas of life. It is with Irish poet and philosopher John O’Donohue and here's an excerpt :

"One of the great problems in postmodern culture is the lack
of true conversation. What we have is more a series of intersecting
monologues. There has been no real conversation between
the West and Islam. We need one badly, for it is conversation
that breaks down caricature and allows bridges to be built.
The tragedy of the West at the moment is that all interaction
seems to take place across one bridge: economics."
John O’Donohue

There is a 3 page excerpt on the magazine's website : http://www.thesunmagazine.org/376_O'Donohue.pdf

No comments: